Daya Nueva 1 v. Sporting Orihuela CF 3

What a start to a game of football, it was fast and furious from the start by both sides.  Inside the first five minutes it could quite easily have been 2-1 to the home side.  So hopefully this flying start could continue for the duration of the game, although the pace did slow a little after fifteen minutes. 

On sixteen minutes the visitors forced a good save from Jaime in Daya’s goal, moments later Fernando (Crouchy) should have buried his shot to give Daya the lead !  There followed two more good efforts from Daya as they upped the pressure on Sporting but the visitors were proving formidable opponents. 

On twenty three minutes Sporting were clean through on the Daya goal forcing Jaime to produce the save of the match so far to keep it at 0-0.  Crouchy (Fernando) was guilty of an horrendous miss on twenty eight minutes but moments later so were Sporting.   What a game but who would score first ?  

It was almost Daya when Crouchy (Fernando) hit the crossbar with a wonderful headed effort on thirty five minutes.  It was Jaime to the rescue as Sporting came calling yet again.  With one minute to the break the home side’s miss had to be seen to be believed !  So 0-0 at the break but both sides should have had three goals each, at least !!

The start of the second half saw Daya under pressure as Sporting forced them into defending deeply.  On fifty two minutes Daya’s first attack of the half saw Fernando take a good pass in his stride and put away his shot for

1-0 Daya.  The goal was certainly against the early run of play of the second half.   Jaime managed to stick out a foot to deflect a goal bound effort on fifty three minutes as the visitors went in search of the equaliser.  On sixty minutes a cracking free kick beat Jaime all ends up but the ball came back off Daya’s bar and was scrambled away to safety.  Daya then produced a good move that ended with a fine save from the keeper.  On seventy minutes Sporting were level following Daya’s failure to deal with the quick break from their visitors. 

Unfortunately the usual Daya cock up occurred minutes later and allowed for the easiest of goals to give the visitors a 2-1 lead.  So just fourteen minutes for Daya to claw their way back into the game. 

Then three minutes later a great  run finished off with a stunning shot gave the visitors an unassailable 3-1 lead.  On eighty five minutes a Sporting free kick crashed back off the Daya crossbar to the relief of the home side’s under pressure defence.  Daya did mount a spirited rally in the final few minutes but it was too little too late. 

So 3-1 to Sporting who were deserved winners, but much credit to Daya for a gutsy performance in what was a fast, furious and thoroughly entertaining game.

Daya Dave

Team Sponsor:  Segurlab