• Torrevieja starts the year with 87,901 residents of which 49,807 are of Spanish origin

Residents from the United Kingdom (5,236) continue to be the nationality with the greatest number in the municipal census, followed by Russians (4,484) and Ukrainians (3,203), who have considerably increased their presence in Torrevieja, which now has citizens from 123 countries

According to the statistical data on population and evolution of the Municipal Register, Torrevieja has started 2022 with a total of 87,901 registered inhabitants, of which 49,807 (56.6%) are of Spanish origin, while the rest, 38,094 (43.4%) have arrived from abroad.

The number of registered men numbers 43,247 (49.2%), while there are 44,654 (51.8%) women.

With this data, Torrevieja continues to be the third largest city in the province of Alicante and the fifth in the Valencian Community, only behind the three provincial capitals (Valencia, Alicante and Castellón) and Elche. In total, the residents come from 123 countries and five continents.

The data, provided by the Department of Census and Statistics of the Torrevieja council, shows that people from the United Kingdom continue to lead the number foreigners residing in the city (5,236) while the numbers from Russia (4,484) and Ukraine (3,203) continue to increase.

Next on the list are Colombian residents (2,377) who for the first time, appear ahead of the Moroccan population, with 2,271 registered, followed by Romanians (1,580), Bulgarians (1,526), ​​Swedes (1,374 ), Belgians (1,206), Germans (1,038), Italians (1,016), Chinese (844), Algerians (720), Norwegians (694), Brazilians (613), Poles (593), Finns (551), Argentines (541 ), French (526), ​​Indians (489), Lithuanians (474), and the Netherlands (404).

In total, Torrevieja has residents from 123 countries, among which are people from Cuba, India, Switzerland, Hungary, Belarus, Algeria, Senegal, Denmark, Paraguay, Nigeria, Peru, El Salvador, Austria, Bolivia, Pakistan, the United States of America, Cape Verde, Mexico, Guinea, Egypt, Nepal, Philippines, Honduras, Israel, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Thailand, Costa Rica, Australia, Japan, South Africa, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Jordan, Mauritius, Guatemala, Cyprus , Malta, Iran, Iraq, Kenya, Vietnam, Sri-Lanka, Malaysia, Gabon, Gambia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Suriname.

According to age, the number of children and youths under 20 years of age is 15,709. Those between 20 and 40 number 18,779; from 40 to 60 years of age there are 26,905 residents registered; from 60 to 80 there is a total of 21,375; and from 80 to 100 years, the number of registered is 5,108.

Residents in Torrevieja who are 100 years of age or over number 25, of which 8 are men and 17 women.

close

theleader.info

Sign up to theleader.info for breaking news
and regular updates!

We don’t spam! Read our privacy policy for more info.