Spain has announced that all European Union and Schengen Area countries, except Switzerland, will remain on it’s risk list until 06 February.

The latest list will remain in place until 07 February and a new one will be published on 08 February.

The risk list includes Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czechia, Cyprus, Croatia, Germany, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, and Romania.

Travellers from these countries may enter Spain without a pre-entry Covid-19 test but they are still required to present an EU Covid Digital Certificate on entry.

According to Spain’s official tourism website, Travel Safe:

“If you are an EU citizen and you are arriving from an EU risk country/area, you must have the EU COVID Digital Certificate, which should be uploaded to the SpTH application when you fill in the form.”

Travellers from EU / Schengen Area countries will have to present confirmation that the holder has been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or they will have to present a negative test result or a recovery certificate which shows they have been previously infected.

Everyone travelling to Spain must complete a Health Control Form.

From 01 February, Spain will only recognise vaccination certificates which show that the holder has been fully vaccinated within the last 270 days. Travellers must have received two doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine within the last nine months. Travellers who were fuly vaccinated outside of 270 days must show proof of having had a booster within the last 270 days for their documentation to be valid.

Travellers from safe third countries including Chile, China, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, New Zealand, Rwanda, and Taiwan may enter Spain without having to provide any health certificates:

“In order to enter into Spain, you do not need to show any health certificate. That is, you can travel regardless of having any vaccination, diagnostic or recovery certificate.”